Back To Top
- Proudly supporting locally owned businesses, from carefully selected lodges and camps, to sourcing food and supplies.
- Paying a good wage to all our guides ensuring they take the utmost pride in their work and are able to support their families.
- Donating directly from each tour to Umoja Tanzania who provide services for vulnerable youth.
- Offering work experience, training and mentorship to young Tanzanians.
- Supporting indigenous groups by engaging in appropriate cultural tourism and paying fair community contributions.
- Carefully selecting accommodation with trusted HR policies and good reputations.
- Off-setting 100% of our carbon emissions and encouraging our guests to off-set their flight emissions.
- Providing our clients with stainless-steel water bottles and safe drinking water.
- All our tours are zero plastic.
- Providing hot lunches in reusable containers, rather than disposable lunch boxes.
What You Can Do:
- Book with an ethical safari provider
- Listen to your guides
- Minimise the rubbish you take into the parks and take out what you can
- Use refillable water bottles and refuse plastic bottles
- Be wary of cheap tour companies as they often cut corners
- Don’t put pressure your guides to find particular animals such as ticking off the 'big five' – be content with what you see rather than chasing from one animal to the next
- Respect the animals and stay a good distance away from them, unless they come to you!
- Do not be tempted into tours which encourage you to touch the animals, such as lion cubs or elephant riding
- Use Social Media responsibly, avoid geo-tagging to show your location. Poachers are becoming increasingly resourceful in using the internet to find out where animals are – so if you are posting photos of a rhino with a location tag, then potentially you are sending the information into the wrong hands, making the poachers job easier.
- Do not be tempted to give out money / pens / sweets to beggars or children at the side of the road. Donate to projects and communities instead. We can advise you on this further.
- Pay a fair price for services offered or items bought.